July 1, 2014 Louisville, KY.
- Lebron James – Unrestricted Free Agent – Miami Heat – King James can go anywhere he wants, but the King will probably stay with the Heat to avenge this years loss in the Finals while taking no less than the maximum salary for 1 year.
- Carmelo Anthony – Unrestricted Free Agent- New York Knicks – Don’t count the Knicks out. Melo is scheduled to visit the cities of Dallas, Houston, Chicago, and the Lakers. Many feel he will join Lebron at the Heat, but I don’t see that happening unless they get rid of Bosh or Wade. No one would play in the post if they all joined up, so that’s not a good basketball fit for Melo. I believe Melo is better fit for the Lakers, and Houston. If Rondo is traded to the Lakers then Melo would be icing on the cake.
- Dirk Nowitzki – Unrestricted Free Agent- Dallas Mavericks – No one including I, would not like to see Dirk in another uniform. The Big Man with range will retire as a Dallas Maverick.
- Lance Stephenson -Unrestricted Free Agent – Indiana Pacers – Lance is an exceptional talent when his head is in the game. Sometimes his mind wanders a bit making him a high risk to reach his full potential. The Pacers are already cool with his on the court antics, so why should they not offer him a nice salary to keep him. I predict he comes back as a Pacer.
- Chandler Parsons – Unrestricted Free Agent – Houston Rockets – If the Rockets get Melo then I believe Parsons will give the Heat a serious look. The Heat missed Mike Miller this year, so Parson’s could feel the void left from Miller. Plus Parson’s is much more athletic than Mike Miller and healthy.
- Chris Bosh – Unrestricted Free Agent – Miami Heat – Bosh needs to post up more. He’s on record as saying he wants to re-sign with the Heat. I don’t believe he will be willing to take less money though. I see Bosh being the shocker of the Free Agency if the Heat is really interested in Carmelo Anthony. Melo can actually hit the outside shot and is not afraid to attack the rim when he has to. Phil Jackson could probably use Bosh up in New York with the triangular offense.
- Pau Gasol – Unrestricted Free Agent – LA Lakers – Gasol is getting up there in age. The Lakers need to keep him, but I can see Pau landing with a team that truly needs a big man with a soft touch.
- Greg Monroe – Restricted Free Agent – Detriot Pistons Clueless on where Monroe would go. With Julius Randle being selected by the Lakers with the 7th pick of the 2014 NBA draft. I don’t know where else he could go and have an impact. Piston will probably match any offer for him to return to the team.
- Dwayne Wade – Unrestricted Free Agent – Miami Heat – Wade is like Dirk and should retire with the same team who drafted him. Dwayne opted out of the last two years of his 40 million dollar contract to help the Heat. Anyone willing to give away that type of money is willing to return to the same organization. Wade is a lifer with the Miami Heat.
- Eric Bledsoe – Restricted Free Agent – Phoenix Suns – The Suns bet not let this talent get away from them. The Suns haven’t had an all-star Point Guard since KJ and Steve Nash. The Former Kentucky Player will sign a max salary with Phoenix.
Other Honorable Free Agents
11. Luol Deng, Cleveland Cavaliers, SF, 29, UFA
12. Heat SG Ray Allen (UFA)
13. Wizards F Trevor Ariza (UFA);
14. Clippers PG Darren Collison (UFA);
15. Suns PF Channing Frye (UFA);
16.Wizards C Marcin Gortat (UFA);
17.Jazz SF Gordon Hayward (RFA);
18.Raptors PG Kyle Lowry (UFA);
19. Nets SF Paul Pierce (UFA);
20.Pistons SG Rodney Stuckey (UFA).
*UnRestricted Free Agent – This particular free agent can take the highest offer from any team that offers.
*Restricted Free Agent – Can shop around for the max offer, but the current team that owns the rights to this player can match any offer and the player must accept.