March 9, 2015 Louisville, KY. (Analyzed Sports)
Kentucky Wildcats favored to win title, 31 Reasons Why
Saturday afternoon the Kentucky Wildcats completed its quest at a perfect regular season by stomping the Florida Gators 67 – 50 in front of a sold out Rupp Arena crowd. Kentucky Freshman center Karl-Anthony Towns Jr. had a monster game finishing with 13 Points, 9 Rebounds, 3 Assist, 1 Steal, and 6 Blocks. The third youngest team in the country wore blue Nike “31-0 Not Done” T-shirts after history making game as Willie Cauley-Stein and Andrew Harrison addressed the big blue faithful.
”We take pride but our journey is not done,” said freshman forward Trey Lyles, who had 14 points and six rebounds for Kentucky. ”We have a lot of work to do and we only have two guaranteed games left in our season, so we have to make sure we go out there and play hard and together.
”It just shows how great these guys are on the team, how much we care for one another and how much we want to win.”
The Wildcats will travel to Nashville to play Friday in the SEC Tournament, before they will be seeded as the Number 1 Overall and heavily favored team to win the NCAA Tournament scheduled to start on March 17, 2015. Although the NCAA Tournament is random and the best team doesn’t always win, here are my 31 reasons why the Kentucky Wildcats should return to the Final Four to win the 2015 NCAA Championship.
2) Karl-Anthony Towns Jr. is playing like a Top 5 NBA Draft Pick.
3) Clutch Play of the Harrison Twins
4) 31-0 Undefeated Regular Season
5) First team in over 30 years to start Regular Season No.1 & End Regular Season No. 1
6) They Deserve It.
7) Good for College Basketball
8) Can’t Key on 1 or 2 players
9) The Cats have not reached their full potential as a whole yet.
10) Dream of going 40-0 Still Alive
12) Staying Close to Home – Louisville, Cleveland, Indianapolis
13) Willie Cauley-Stein will be motivated to win a Title
14) Guaranteed by Anthony Davis
15) The Sting from last years Championship Loss
16) The strength in the Pack
17) Competitive Practices all Season
18) Unique Group of good kids
19) They’re their “Brothers Keepers”
20) Devin Booker is a Zone Buster
21) Good Free-Throw Shooting team
22) Defense wins Championships
23) Depth of Talent
24) Resiliency during tough games
25) The Heart of Tyler Ulis
26) Calipari has masterfully managed the egos
27) Offensive Rebounding
28) Only team in the nation Top 10 in both Offense (7) and Defense (1) Efficiency
29) Blocks (2nd) Lead to Transition buckets
30) Top 25 Overall Strength of Schedule
31) Most Top 100 wins (18) this year in the country
Relive some of the moments of the 31-0 regular season courtesy of Kentucky.com
Leave your thoughts below? Big Blue Nation Chime in..
Be Sociable, Share! Tweet